- How do I enroll my child at Casa Esperanza?
Parents must apply to our lottery for a chance to obtain a seat. Parents must fill out an application for each charter school to which their child applies.
- Are my child’s test scores or grades considered during the admission process?
- If my child is on a wait list, how will I know when admission will be offered?
You will be notified by email via Lotterease.
- If my child is selected for admission, is he/she automatically enrolled?
No. You will need to complete the forms in Lotterase.
- Do I need proof of my family’s immigration status to enroll my child in a charter school?
- If my child is accepted, will they need to participate in the lottery each year?
- If my child is not accepted, will they need to apply again for the following school year?
Yes. Each school year’s Waiting List starts anew with a fresh lottery, so that everyone has an equal chance of getting in (with the exception of siblings – see the next item).
- Are siblings of current students guaranteed admission?
Any siblings of current Casa students will have priority placement during the enrollment process.
- Is there an enrollment or application fee?
There are no fees required to apply to or attend the charter school.
- When and how do I submit the Enrollment documents?
Once your child has been accepted, you will complete the enrollment form digitally through the Lotterease program. If your child receives a seat offer before July 1st, the form is due 5 days after accepting the school’s offer. If your child receives a seat offer on or after July 1st, the form is due 2 days after accepting the school’s offer.
- What items will be required for registration?
The same items required for traditional public schools. These include the enrollment form with:
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency
- Emergency Contact Information
- Home Language Survey
- NC Health Assessment Transmittal Form & Immunization records (to be completed by your medical provider) Required if:
- Entering Kindergarten
- Transferring from:
- Out of state
- Private school