Children will be eligible for admission regardless of race, cultural background, intellectual ability, or physical impairment. To be eligible for kindergarten admission, students must be 5 years of age on or before August 31. See G.S. 115C-364.
Admission to Casa Esperanza Charter School is determined by our annual lottery. In accordance with North Carolina charter admissions statutes preference is given to the following groups:
- Only NC residents are eligible to apply. If your child is selected in the lottery, proof of residency will be requested.
- Siblings of currently enrolled student who were admitted to the school in a previous charter year
- Children of the school’s full-time employees.
- Siblings of students who completed the highest grade offered by Casa Esperanza and were enrolled at least four years at the school.
- Students who were enrolled in the charter school within the two previous school years but left the school (i) to participate in an academic study abroad program or a competitive admission residential program or (ii) because of the vocational opportunities of the student’s parent.
For additional information on our admission procedures please see the school’s Admissions Policy.