Public Charter School, Kindergarten through 8th grade
Applications may be submitted online only during the public lottery registration period.
The public lottery registration period for the 2022-2023 school year opens on January 3, 2022 and closes Friday, March 11, 2022 at 4:00 pm.
Children will be eligible for admission regardless of race, cultural background, intellectual ability, or physical impairment. To be eligible for kindergarten admission, students must be 5 years of age on or before August 31. See G.S. 115C-364.
Admission to Casa Esperanza Charter School is determined by our annual lottery. In accordance with North Carolina charter admissions statutes preference is given to the following groups:
- Only NC residents are eligible to apply. If your child is selected in the lottery, proof of residency will be requested.
- Siblings of currently enrolled student who were admitted to the school in a previous charter year
- Children of the school’s full-time employees.
- Siblings of students who completed the highest grade offered by Casa Esperanza and were enrolled at least four years at the school.
- Students who were enrolled in the charter school within the two previous school years but left the school (i) to participate in an academic study abroad program or a competitive admission residential program or (ii) because of the vocational opportunities of the student’s parent.
For additional information on our admission procedures please see the school’s Admissions Policy.
2022-2023 Lottery Process
Step 1: APPLY
- Register your child for the lottery for the upcoming school year by clicking the link: 2022-2023 Lottery Registration. This link will not be available until January 3, 2022.
- Only one time entry/registration per child into lottery
- Lottery registration ends Friday March 11th at 4:00 p.m. and runs on March 18, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Step 2: CHECK YOUR EMAIL
The email address you submit for the application may contain notifications such as:
- Your child’s acceptance into Casa Esperanza Montessori Charter School
- Important information regarding enrollment deadlines
- Your child’s placement on the waiting list
Step 3: CONFIRM
After the lottery is run on March 18, 2022, if you are notified that your child has been selected, you will have to confirm that you intend to register that child within 5 calendar days.
Step 4: ENROLL
Parents/Guardians that have accepted enrollment in the upcoming school year must complete all paperwork located in the enrollment packet:
2022-2023 Enrollment Packet. This link will not be available until the lottery has been run.
Important! Families who do not complete all forms in the enrollment packet by the due date will lose their child’s seat; that seat will be turned over to the next student on the waiting list.
HOW TO REGISTER IN LOTTEREASE
Casa Esperanza uses Lotterease to register prospective students into the lottery. Parents will need to create an account in order to register their child/children.
- Enter into your browser: app.lotterease.com
- Select “Parents” tab.
- Click on Registration (left tab), enter parent/guarding information.
- Enter your child’s information to add them to your account
- Choose school name: Casa Esperanza Montessori Charter School.
- Select a lottery to enter your child.
- You should receive a message once you have registered your child. At this time you may enter any siblings to other lotteries unless they are twins.
Please enter a valid email address. We will use the registered email to communicate with you at the time of the lottery.
Program name: please carefully choose between immersion or enrichment program and the grade your child will be attending the next school year.
WE USE LOTTEREASE FOR THE APPLICATION AND LOTTERY PROCESS
What is the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness?
When you see the Seal on a school website, you can be confident that your application will be included in the school lottery in a fair and transparent way. That is because Lotterease is an independent automated lottery system that the school uses to manage their lottery and waitlist. Since Lotterease is an independent system, the school staff do not have the ability to manipulate or adjust the lottery outcome. They must work within the requirements of the system. In addition, all activity that takes place with your application is tracked in a history log that you can view at any time by logging into the parent portal.
If the school you want your child to attend displays the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness, you can rest assured that you child will get their fair chance to attend the school.