Public Charter School, Kindergarten through 8th grade
Applications may be submitted online only during the public lottery registration period.
The public lottery registration period for the 2020-2021 school year opened on January 6, 2020. Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 19, 2020 at 3:30 pm. The lottery will run on March 20, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Children will be eligible for admission regardless of race, cultural background, intellectual ability, or physical impairment. To be eligible for kindergarten admission, students must be 5 years of age on or before August 31. See G.S. 115C-364.
Admission to Casa Esperanza Charter School is determined by our annual lottery. In accordance with North Carolina charter admissions statutes preference is given to the following groups:
- Siblings of currently enrolled student who were admitted to the school in a previous charter year
- Children of the school’s full-time employees
- Students who were enrolled in the charter school within the two previous school years but left the school, (i) to participate in an academic study abroad program or a competitive admission residential program, or (ii) because of the vocational opportunities of the student’s parent.
- All applications for students accepted by NC charter schools must be from parents who are currently legal residents of North Carolina. The domicile must be in place at the time of the students application. In order to be included in the admissions lottery, an application to Casa Esperanza Charter School must list a North Carolina residence
For additional information on our admission procedures please see the school’s Admission Policy.
2020-2021 Lottery Process
Step 1: APPLY
Register your child for the lottery for the upcoming school year by clicking this link by March 19, 2020 at 3:30 pm:
Step 2: CHECK YOUR EMAIL
The email address you submit for the application may contain notifications such as:
- Your child’s acceptance into Casa Esperanza Montessori Charter School
- Important information regarding enrollment deadlines
- Your child’s placement on the waiting list
Step 3: CONFIRM
After the lottery is run on March 20, 2020, if you are notified that your child has been selected, you will have to confirm that you intend to register that child within 5 calendar days.
Step 4: ENROLL
Parents/Guardians that have accepted enrollment in the upcoming school year must complete all paperwork located in the enrollment packet:
2020-2021 Enrollment Packet Casa Esperanza
Important! Families who do not complete all forms in the enrollment packet by the due date will lose their child’s seat; that seat will be turned over to the next student on the waiting list.
We use LotterEase for the application and lottery process
What is the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness?
When you see the Seal on a school website, you can be confident that your application will be included in the school lottery in a fair and transparent way. That is because Lotterease is an independent automated lottery system that the school uses to manage their lottery and waitlist. Since Lotterease is an independent system, the school staff do not have the ability to manipulate or adjust the lottery outcome. They must work within the requirements of the system. In addition, all activity that takes place with your application is tracked in a history log that you can view at any time by logging into the parent portal.
If the school you want your child to attend displays the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness, you can rest assured that you child will get their fair chance to attend the school.