Public Charter School, Kindergarten through 8th grade
Applications may be submitted online only during the public lottery registration period.
The public lottery registration period for the 2021-2022 school year will open on January 4, 2021. Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 12, 2021 at 4:00 pm. The lottery will run on March 19, 2021 at 2:00 pm.
Children will be eligible for admission regardless of race, cultural background, intellectual ability, or physical impairment. To be eligible for kindergarten admission, students must be 5 years of age on or before August 31. See G.S. 115C-364.
Admission to Casa Esperanza Charter School is determined by our annual lottery. In accordance with North Carolina charter admissions statutes preference is given to the following groups:
- Siblings of currently enrolled student who were admitted to the school in a previous charter year
- Children of the school’s full-time employee. Limited to no more than 15% of the school’s total enrollment.
- Siblings of students who completed the highest grade offered by Casa Esperanza and were enrolled at least four years at the school.
- A student who was enrolled in the charter school within the two previous school years but left the school (i) to participate in an academic study abroad program or a competitive admission residential program or (ii) because of the vocational opportunities of the student’s parent.
For additional information on our admission procedures please see the school’s Admissions Policy.
2021-2022 Lottery Process
Step 1: APPLY
Register your child for the lottery for the upcoming school year by clicking the link below by March 12, 2021 at 4:00 pm:
Step 2: CHECK YOUR EMAIL
The email address you submit for the application may contain notifications such as:
- Your child’s acceptance into Casa Esperanza Montessori Charter School
- Important information regarding enrollment deadlines
- Your child’s placement on the waiting list
Step 3: CONFIRM
After the lottery is run on March 19, 2021, if you are notified that your child has been selected, you will have to confirm that you intend to register that child within 5 calendar days.
Step 4: ENROLL
Parents/Guardians that have accepted enrollment in the upcoming school year must complete all paperwork located in the enrollment packet:
2021-2022 Enrollment Packet
Important! Families who do not complete all forms in the enrollment packet by the due date will lose their child’s seat; that seat will be turned over to the next student on the waiting list.
We use LotterEase for the application and lottery process
What is the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness?
When you see the Seal on a school website, you can be confident that your application will be included in the school lottery in a fair and transparent way. That is because Lotterease is an independent automated lottery system that the school uses to manage their lottery and waitlist. Since Lotterease is an independent system, the school staff do not have the ability to manipulate or adjust the lottery outcome. They must work within the requirements of the system. In addition, all activity that takes place with your application is tracked in a history log that you can view at any time by logging into the parent portal.
If the school you want your child to attend displays the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness, you can rest assured that you child will get their fair chance to attend the school.