March and April Newsletter!!!
A little about Sra. Navia: I was born in Colombia, a beautiful South American country. I am married and have a 23-year-old daughter. I like to read, do Zumba, walk and spend time with my family and my students. This will be my 12th year teaching at Casa Esperanza and my 15th year teaching in North Carolina. I went to college in Colombia and earned a Bachelor’s degree in Modern Languages (French and English). After college I had the amazing opportunity to share my Latino culture through a visitor exchange program. I hold a North Carolina State License and am highly qualified to teach elementary education, Spanish, and ESL. I completed my Montessori certification at the Center for Montessori Teacher Education and since I came to Casa I fell in love with the Montessori philosophy.
A little about Sra. Diaz: I am originally from Puerto Rico Central America and I have been working in the field of education for about 7 years. I hold a degree as Elementary Education teacher and EC teacher (Especial Education) from my country. I am married and I have 3 children. They are 11, 9 and 3 years old and 2 of them are attending Casa. This is my third year working at Casa and my years of experience have helped me develop a set of beliefs about how I can best help students learn and grow. I am looking forward to getting to know you, your child and your family. I enjoy, reading, going to the park, to restaurants, and spending time with my family and friends.
~*~ In March and April will be learning,,,, ~*~
- 1st Reference book, data landmarks, attribute rules, exploring attributes, designs, and fact platters, pattern-block and template shapes, making polygons, spheres, cylinders, and rectangular prisms, pyramids, cones and cubes, symmetry.
- Kinder We will be continue learning telling time to the hour, static multiplication, place value, static addition and subtracting facts, counting by 10’s, 5’s and 2’s, calendar, days of the week and months of the year, ordinal numbers and place value.
- We will be working on nouns, plural form, male and female nouns, and sentence analysis in both grades and they will be participating in the reading groups according to their reading level. We will continue with “Palabras a su Paso”
- 1st: Creating stories with a format, analyzing parts of a sentence, reading comprehension stories. common and proper nouns.We also will continue working on Reading skills according to the student’s level. Finding the main idea, important details, discussing about characters, characters traits environment, author’s purpose, problem and solution (if any in the story), inferences.They will continue working on writing stories and points of view arguments as well as narratives.
- K: Sts will continue practicing cursive handwriting, writing words and short sentences in Spanish using the movable alphabet.
- Culture: Montessori Great lesson: The Coming of life.1st: Rocks and minerals and life cycle of plants.Others: Please continue using Raz-kids , IXL and LALILO as an extra practice.
- K: Asia and Africa flags, amphibians and mammals and plants
- “Educating a child is like lighting a candle. The match is struck and for a moment, the match and wick burn together. When the match is removed the candle glows alone.” Maria Montessori.
Important Info, Dates, & Links
Email and contact info:
We will have the Spring Field Trips as follows:
First Grade Field Trip: KIDZU children’s museum. April 22nd
Kindergarten Field Trip : LIFE AND SCIENCE MUSEUM in Durham. May 1st.
More information will go home previous the field trips.
In addition to staying up to date with the amazing things we’re doing in our classroom, please read the GET INVOLVED and STUDENT LIFE sections of our website, too. If you have a question, and can’t find the answer on our website, we’d appreciate it if you would be a helpful citizen of our community and let us know! Chances are someone else has had that same question. 🙂 Thank you!
Children enjoyed having an author who read for them during the Read Across America Day.
As always, THANK YOU to all the parents who have volunteered in our class for: recess supervision, material making, sharing special abilities or celebrations, and have donated materials and for the class, and for keeping our class clean and shiny.
We really appreciate all the support and collaboration that we received from all of you.
Sra Navia & Sra Diaz
- Oriental trading gift card
- Teacher pay teachers gift card
- Teach Me Store gift card
REDUCES AIRBORNE VIRUSES AND BACTERIA – Decrease the risk of illness, germs, and bacteria by keeping the relative humidity above 43%. Helps with allergies, clearing sinuses, and coughs making us one of the best humidifiers for babies.
Everlasting Comfort Humidifiers for Bedroom (6L) – Humidifier with Essential Oil Tray (Black)
Kitchen big trash bags