ANNUAL HEALTHY KIDS FUN RUN
Each spring the PFA hosts the Healthy Kids Fun Run. Clearly, it’s so much more than a fundraiser.
Before the Fun Run many students don’t realize that they are capable of running for 20 minutes. After their Fun Run success, they feel ready to try other new outdoor activities!
In PE class the students are taught about pacing and proper hydration so everyone can put forth their best effort in the healthiest way. During the Fun Run, the students put these lessons to the test. Tallying laps is an exciting way to measure progress; it is also a reminder to pace yourself. After the run, students feel pride and exhilaration.
When it’s time to turn in their pledge money, kids often want to set new exercise goals! You can encourage this by supporting the Fun Run. Then, at home, you might consider mowing a grass track in your yard, walking or running a 3K or 5K, or inviting neighborhood kids to build an obstacle course together.
Fun Run 2020 – currently postponed
Ready… Set… Raise Funds for Raz-Kids and BrainPOP! We need your help to reach our goal of raising $5,000 to fund these vital educational supplements that many of our students use everyday in the classroom and at home.
Help make the Fun Run a success:
- Cheer on your runner(s). When available, Middle Graders will be acting as “run mentors.” We need parent volunteers to sign up, too!
- Reach out to family and friends, ask them to support your child in this healthy fundraising activity.
- Ask older children to create a list of potential donors. We do not require a per lap donation, any flat amount maybe donated.
- Set a lap goal with your child that challenges them to their best.
- And finally, get PLEDGES! We are counting on you to make sure every lap counts!
2020 Healthy Kids Fun Run
Please enter your pledges on this form.
Any flat amount can be donated, it doesn’t have to match the number of laps that each child runs.
- Select OFFLINE for cash or checks.
Label your cash envelope or check memo field with the same name you enter below. When we receive your donation at school we will match it to your offline donation info, below, and the counter will show your donation.
- Credit card transactions flow through PayPal, but a PayPal account is not required.
Thanks to all the families who help make the Healthy Kids Fun Run a success year after year!
Thank you to all our 2019 donors! Because of you, we exceeded our fundraising goal.