There are many opportunities to volunteer in your child’s classroom. Not all opportunities are available in every classroom. Please check with your classroom teacher for the specific opportunities available. Online sign-ups will be sent to you via your room parent.
- Laundry – Take home cloths and lunch mats on Friday to wash and return the following Monday.
- Flowers – Bring flowers for the class. They will be distributed among all the vases and tables we have. Usually the same dates as the snack sign up.
- Library parent – Check out books from the public library on subject areas covered in class. This can be done at your convenience and is greatly needed! Please plan to sign up for one month at a time.
- Playground – Go outside for about half an hour so teacher can stay inside and continue working.
- Friday Folders – Stuff the student folders on Friday. Folders go home almost every Friday and they need to be stuffed before noon and placed in the backpacks of our students before they go home for the day.
- Listen to children read aloud – Sit in the hallway outside of the class to listen to students read.
- Cleaning Squad – Clean classroom and materials each quarter to guarantee a clean and germ free environment.
- Chaperone – Attend field trips and help teachers with chaperoning students.
- Field Day/Fun Run – Help with yearly events like the school’s Fun Run or Field Day. During these events parents will staff a station and assist students during the event.
- Copy Crew – Help make copies or laminate materials for classroom teachers.
Every classroom needs need at least one room parent for the year to communicate, organize events, and rally classroom volunteers. You’ll find even more helpful information about the guidelines of this role in our 2019-2020 Room Parent Guide.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities in our school and the expectations please review the Volunteer Handbook.
All volunteers must have a volunteer background check before volunteering.